It is an important work for the city of Empoli, in the province of Florence. These are the fountain of the Lions in Piazza Farinata degli Uberti. The sculpture, in Apuan marble and gray sandstone, has been restored and cleaned, returning it to its former glory. The fountain, over the years, had layers of limestone and vegetation. The intervention of Piacenti S.p.A. he focused on the cleaning of surfaces to preserve them and restore their beauty. The restoration also involved the maintenance of the distribution and control system for the delivery and flow of water from the fountain jets. The fountain of the Lions (also known as the Naiads) is one of the symbols of Empoli and was built between 1826 and 1828 by the sculptors Luigi Pampaloni, Luigi Giovannozzi and Ottavio Giovannozzi based on a design by the architect Giuseppe Martelli.
Watch the video –> Inaugurazione fontana dei leoni