The restoration work in the Cortile d’Onore of the Palazzo Reale, Naples, was carried out by PIACENTI Spa. Limestone surfaces of the summit perimeter balustrade and of the stone surfaces in piperno, involving the pictorial division into geometrical motives.
The intervention procedures performed were as follows:
1. Removal of loose dry deposits;
2. Removal of stains and leakage of iron oxides;
3. Chemical cleaning compresses;
4. Integration with reconstruction of molded surfaces and friezes;
5. Pointing and filling of cracks and hairline fractures;
6. Consolidation of the surface;
7. Gluing of fragments and colour flakes;
8. Checking of chromatic revision;
9. Application of protective fluid.